Hello, I’m Tia Konieczna, an experienced and qualified counsellor and psychotherapist working in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Within my practice, I offer the following services:
- Individual psychotherapy, counselling and creative therapy for adults.
- Counselling, psychotherapy and creative therapy for adolescents (12-17 years).
- Counselling and play therapy for children (3-11 years).
- Individual play therapy sessions, counselling and group work in schools.
I have previously worked as a School Counsellor at Harris Girls Academy, East Dulwich and Mascalls School, Paddock Wood.
I am currently offering play therapy, group work and staff counselling at Rusthall St.Paul’s Primary School.
I offer both daytime and evening appointments.
I graduated from the Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education CCPE, London, where I completed a four year, integrative Postgraduate Diploma course in Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy in 2007 (Dip. Psych). The course is accredited with both the BACP and UKCP. I have undertaken additional postgraduate training with Play Therapy United Kingdom (PTUK) and I am now also a Certified Practitioner in Therapeutic Play.
- Body Mindfulness
- Art Interventions in Therapy
- Foundations in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Working Therapeutically with Children
- Understanding Self-Harm
- Working with Gender Dypshoria in Children and Adolescents
- TA 101: Foundation in Transactional Analysis
- Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills
- The Therapeutic Use of Story, Metaphor and Narrative
- Helping Children with Anger
- Young People, Social Networking and Gaming
Professional Membership and Standards
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP). I have regular supervision with an experienced supervisor and therapist, to ensure that I am working in a professional way at all times and in the best interests of my clients.
I see my own development, both personally and professionally, as integral to my work. I always work within the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the BACP.
“You show great care and tenderness and an acceptance of whatever is …”
“You were skilled, warm and provided a safe and allowing container …”
“You midwifed my process with love and clarity …”
“Thank you for all the help that you gave my daughter when she came to see you. She always looked forward to her sessions and I think it helped her enormously through those early days at secondary school”
“Your mindfulness and sensitivity enabled a ‘touching of soul’ to take place …”
“You have given birth to something in me…the freedom to be me with a woman …I am alive inside …”
“The best thing you have given me is the experience of being loved by a woman without my fears coming true …”